2020 Joint AALSO/RAW Symposium and Workshop Springfield
March 28th – April 1st 2020
The 26th Annual Aquatic Animal Life Support Operators Symposium and Workshops will be a joint symposium with RAW (Regional Aquatic Workshop) and hosted by Wonders of Wildlife. The Symposium will be held in Springfield, Missouri.
Registration will include access to:
- All workshops and lectures
- Hot breakfast and lunch Monday – Wednesday
- Appetizers at the Ice Breaker Sunday Night
- Dinner during the Monday evening event at Wonders of Wildlife and the Wednesday Certification Banquet.
The Registration – Opening Fall 2019
- Early Bird: $395.00 until Sunday March 1st, 2020 at 11:59 PM
- Late Registration: $495.00 after March 1st 2020
- Operator Sponsorship Applications will open in the fall with a deadline of February 1st, 2020.
- Exhibiting Vendor Registration: $2000 one booth with 2 staff
- Additional Booth Attendees: $500/attendee
- Non-Exhibiting Vendor: $1000
- Non-Exhibiting Vendor Day Pass: $350/day
Operator Attendee Cancellation Policy:
Operator Attendees can cancel with a full refund up to seven (7) days before the start of the Symposium. Substitutions from the same facility can be arranged without penalty. Please send an email to email@example.com to initiate a cancellation or substitution.
Non-exhibiting Vendor Cancellation Policy:
Non-exhibiting vendors can cancel with a full refund up to seven (7) days before the start of the Symposium. Substitutions from the same company can be arranged without penalty. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate a cancellation or substitution.
Exhibiting Vendor Cancellation Policy:
Exhibiting vendors can cancel with a full refund up to forty-five (45) days before the start of the Symposium. Within forty-five days of the start of the Symposium, registration fees are non-refundable. Please send an email email@example.com to initiate a cancellation.
The Host Facility
Host facility is:
- University Plaza Hotel
- 33 John Q. Hammons Parkway Springfield, Missouri 65806
- Rates with hotel block code
- Single King or Double Queen: $121.00/night
- King Suites: $141.00/night
The Conference Center
- Springfield Expo Center
- Located across the street from the University Plaza Hotel
The local airport is the Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF)
- American Airlines
Other airports in the area:
- 3 hours away in Kansas City: Kansas City International Airport (MCI)
- 3 hours away in St. Louis: Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL)
Call for presentations will be coming out soon.
This year’s agenda will include topics such as:
- Dirty Laundry
- LSS Making It Work
- Water Quality
- Aquatic Animal Husbandry
- Animal Enrichment and Conditioning
- Aquatic Animal Medicals Cases
- Biological Advancements
- Dive Support
- And many more topics!
The Big Automated Water Loop (BAWL) set up workshop on Saturday the 28th. Sign up to come early and take the BAWL Set up workshop. BAWL Attendees will be able to work on several different components such as actuators, probes, flow meters, sensors, heat exchangers, pumps and many others all while the system is operational. Once again we will offer an assortment of hands on workshops this year. Workshop registration will open one month before the Symposium. We received a lot of great feedback in the workshop surveys and wish to thank all who took the time to provide us with input.
AALSO offers a multi-level competency acknowledgment program for life support operators and water quality technicians based on test scores received from exams administered by the AALSO certification committee. AALSO believes that the proficiency program’s recognition criteria is based on practical, on-the-job applications and encourages Zoo and Aquarium institutions to incorporate this training into their employee development program. For more information, please see the Exam Handbook. To purchase the 2019 AALSO Field Guide, visit Amazon here.
- AALSO LSS Operator Levels 1-3 Certification
- AALSO Water Quality Technician Levels 1-3 Certification
- ASME B 31.3 Certification
- OSHA Certification
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator Certification- pending class size restrictions*
* additional fee applies (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
For workshop related questions: email@example.com
For agenda related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
2021: Pittsburgh, PA March 28th – 31st 2021
Feedback from this year:
- “I very much lacked hands-on experience in life support and AALSO provided me that experience in plentiful amounts. The certification exams were an additional bonus that greatly aids my own professional development.”
- “Workshops were AMAZING. It is one thing to read white papers and look at tech sheets but it’s another thing to be able to do it. The only wish I have is to have more time to do more workshops.”
- “Really appreciated the “choose your own adventure” pacing of the conference. I felt like I had the opportunity to shape my week’s schedule in a way that best suited what I needed versus getting stuck in one track. Offering the hands-on workshops multiple times through the week was appreciated. “
Agendas, abstracts, and presentations from symposia past. Find More »
AALSO wants your facility to host upcoming symposia. Show off your innovative systems and exhibits your animals call home. Learn More »