2017 Symposium & Workshops St Louis
2017 Symposium & Workshops Saint Louis
AALSO 2017 Operator and Vendor Registration is now open. Click here to register.
Symposium EXHIBITING Vendor Booths are sold out.
March 12 – March 15 2017
The 23rd Annual Aquatic Animal Life Support Operators Symposium and Workshops will be hosted by the Saint Louis zoo. The Symposium will be held in Saint Louis, Missouri.
The registration fee is $375, and will include access to all workshops, lectures, hot breakfast and lunch Monday- Wednesday, two evening events with appetizers and the Wednesday Certification Banquet.
The Hosting Facility
The Hyatt Regency Under the Arch has informed us that they have completely sold out of rooms for the 2017 AALSO Symposium and Workshops.
Do not be alarmed if you have not booked your hotel rooms yet!
We are currently working with our event management team to set up discounted rates at a Hotel VERY close to the Hyatt.
Please wait to book anything anywhere else until we can negotiate the best possible rate for you.
We will have information within the next 48 hours, and will send all members an email with those details.
- The local airport will be Lambert–St. Louis International Airport.
Click Here To view our tentative agenda
The 2017 Symposium call for presentations is now open!
This year’s agenda will include topics such as:
- Dirty Laundry
- Water Quality
- Dive Support
- And many more topics!
A complete circulating system will run through ~ 4,000 square feet of workshop floor and will be the centerpiece of the workshops. Attendees will be able to work on several different components such as actuators, probes, flow meters, sensors, heat exchangers, pumps and many others all while the system is operational. Our water quality series will be able to actively sample water from this system and attendees will learn how to perform various water analysis.
- AALSO Levels 1-3 Certification
- ASME B 31.3 Certification
- OSHA Certification
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator Certification- pending class size restrictions*
- NSPF Aquatic Risk Management- pending class size restrictions *
* additional fee applies (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
For workshop related questions: email@example.com
For agenda related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Feedback from previous years:
- “I left feeling invigorated about the state of the industry and felt good knowing there are so many intelligent passionate people out there working on a lot of the same problems who are so willing to share their knowledge and experiences.”
- “The last time I attended AALSO was 6 years ago. I decided to give it another try this year and I noticed that AALSO has made remarkable improvements… Keep up the good work and I plan on coming back.”
- “Seeing others’ operation and talking to other professionals in their environment makes me proud to be one myself.”
- “Workshops are great because they go beyond the vendor booths by providing additional and specific hands on time with the equipment and the vendors who make them.”
- “One of the reasons I joined AALSO to start with was to hear how other operators deal with problems and challenges because all life support systems have issues.”
Agendas, abstracts, and presentations from symposia past. Find More »
AALSO wants your facility to host upcoming symposia. Show off your innovative systems and exhibits your animals call home. Learn More »