March 12th-15th 2017
The 23th Annual Aquatic Animal Life Support Operators Symposium and Workshops will be hosted by The Saint Louis Zoo this year. The Symposium will be held in Saint Louis Missouri.
Registration will include access to all workshops, lectures, hot breakfast and lunch Monday- Wednesday, one evening event with buffet and the Wednesday Certification Banquet.
The Hosting Facilities
Hosting facilities will include:
This years hotel is the Hyatt Regency at the Arch
The local airport will be the the St. Louis Lambert International Airport
AALSO will provide hourly shuttles from STL to the Hyatt Regency at the Arch Saturday and Sunday from 9:00am - 6:00pm. . If your travel plans do not match up with the provided shuttles, STL has many options including SuperShuttle.
This year's agenda will include topics such as:
- Habitat Design and Monitoring
- Water Quality
- LSS Design
- Nitrate Removal
- And many more topics!
Once again we will offer an assortment of hands on workshops this year. Visit the Workshop Abstracts link above for all the details on this year's great workshops! Workshop registration will open the week of 2017!
A complete circulating system will run through ~ 4,000 square feet of workshop floor and will be the centerpiece of the workshops. Attendees will be able to work on several different components such as actuators, probes, flow meters, sensors, heat exchangers, pumps and many others all while the system is operational. Our water quality series will be able to actively sample water from this system and attendees will learn how to perform various water analysis.
We received a lot of great feedback in the workshop surveys and wish to thank all who took the time to provide us with input. One of the common suggestions that emanated from those surveys was the desire to indicate if the particular class was geared towards a beginner, intermediate or advanced level.
* additional fee applies (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- AALSO LSS Operator Levels 1-3 Certification
- AALSO LSS Operator Levels 1-2 Certification
- ASME B 31.3 Certification
- OSHA Certification
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator Certification- pending class size restrictions*
For workshop related questions: email@example.com
For agenda related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018: Niagara Falls New York
Feedback from this year:
- "I left feeling invigorated about the state of the industry and felt good knowing there are so many intelligent passionate people out there working on a lot of the same problems who are so willing to share their knowledge and experiences."
- "The last time I attended AALSO was 6 years ago. I decided to give it another try this year and I noticed that AALSO has made remarkable improvements... Keep up the good work and I plan on coming back."
- "Seeing others' operation and talking to other professionals in their environment makes me proud to be one myself."
- "Workshops are great because they go beyond the vendor booths by providing additional and specific hands on time with the equipment and the vendors who make them."
- "One of the reasons I joined AALSO to start with was to hear how other operators deal with problems and challenges because all life support systems have issues."
Agendas, abstracts, and presentations from symposia past. Find More »
AALSO wants your facility to host upcoming symposia. Show off your innovative systems and exhibits your animals call home. Learn More »
[ihrss-gallery type="group2" w="900" h="100" speed="1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" gap="5" random="YES"]