April 17th - April 20th 2016
The 22nd Annual Aquatic Animal Life Support Operators Symposium and Workshops will be hosted by the Denver Zoo and the Downtown Aquarium Denver. The Symposium will be held in Loveland, Colorado.
Registration will include access to all workshops, lectures, hot breakfast and lunch Monday- Wednesday, two evening events with appetizers and the Wednesday Certification Banquet.
The Hosting Facilities
Hosting facilities will include:
The Embassy Suites Loveland - Hotel, Spa and Conference Center will be the venue for the symposium.
A discounted room rate of $136 per night will be available April 16 - April 21.
The hotel is now sold out!
The nearby Candlewood Suites Loveland and Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Loveland are within walking distance. Limited discounted rooms are available at each hotel.
The local airport will be the Denver International Airport (DIA).
AALSO will provide hourly shuttles from DIA to Embassy Suites Loveland Saturday evening from 3:00 - 8:00pm. Sunday shuttles will depart DIA hourly from 9:00am- 2:00pm and transport attendees straight to the Denver Zoo for facility tours. Everyone can leave their luggage on the bus and will find it waiting for them at the hotel. Shuttles will pick up attendees from the zoo and take them to Embassy Suites Loveland at 9:45, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, 1:45, 2:45 and 3:45. If your travel plans do not match up with the provided shuttles, DIA has many options including SuperShuttle.
This year's agenda will include topics such as:
- Dirty Laundry
- Water Quality
- Dive Support
- Symposium Theme
- And many more topics!
New this year:
A complete circulating system will run through ~ 4,000 square feet of workshop floor and will be the centerpiece of the workshops. Attendees will be able to work on several different components such as actuators, probes, flow meters, sensors, heat exchangers, pumps and many others all while the system is operational. Our water quality series will be able to actively sample water from this system and attendees will learn how to perform various water analysis.
Once again we will offer an assortment of hands on workshops this year. Visit the Workshop Abstracts link above for all the details on this year's great workshops! Workshop registration will open the week of March 7, 2016!
We received a lot of great feedback in the workshop surveys and wish to thank all who took the time to provide us with input. One of the common suggestions that emanated from those surveys was the desire to indicate if the particular class was geared towards a beginner, intermediate or advanced level.
* additional fee applies (contact email@example.com for more information)
- AALSO Levels 1-3 Certification
- ASME B 31.3 Certification
- OSHA Certification
- NSPF Certified Pool Operator Certification- pending class size restrictions*
- NSPF Aquatic Risk Management- pending class size restrictions *
For workshop related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
For agenda related questions: email@example.com
2017: St. Louis, MO - St. Louis Zoo
Feedback from this year:
- "I left feeling invigorated about the state of the industry and felt good knowing there are so many intelligent passionate people out there working on a lot of the same problems who are so willing to share their knowledge and experiences."
- "The last time I attended AALSO was 6 years ago. I decided to give it another try this year and I noticed that AALSO has made remarkable improvements... Keep up the good work and I plan on coming back."
- "Seeing others' operation and talking to other professionals in their environment makes me proud to be one myself."
- "Workshops are great because they go beyond the vendor booths by providing additional and specific hands on time with the equipment and the vendors who make them."
- "One of the reasons I joined AALSO to start with was to hear how other operators deal with problems and challenges because all life support systems have issues."
Agendas, abstracts, and presentations from symposia past. Find More »
AALSO wants your facility to host upcoming symposia. Show off your innovative systems and exhibits your animals call home. Learn More »
No images available in this Gallery Type. Please check admin setting.